Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Different "Note Pad"




I made this notepad out of a 4" x 6" piece of scrap wood from my dh's wood pile. I covered it with paper, Cricut cut the words "Jot It Down", did a little quilling and then glued a post it note pad on the front. I painted the 1" balls a light turqouise to match the paper and then glazed them with a gold transparent finish. This makes the notepad holder sit up a bit, much easier to write on! The pen holder proved to be more of a challenge than I had expected! I bought a plastic pen holder at the office supply store, but after the pen was decorated, it was too fat (just like me...sigh) to fit in the holder. So after several attempts at figuring something out, I came up with the ribbon tube on the side. This is still a "work in progress", but I'll figure it out sooner or later...


1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

this is really cool. I love the new look to your blog. thumbs up!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...